Together we have the power to make a difference!
Thanks in part to our new Employee Volunteer Program (EVP), Dobson employees made a big impact during April, May and June in both philanthropic and community efforts. To name a few, we tackled hunger, honored teachers and ran like the wind to benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Oklahoma County.
Here are some of the initiatives in which we were involved throughout the three months:
- During the month of April, Dobson employees collected and donated school supplies for students and teachers at Tulakes Elementary School.
- On April 10th, a group of employees ran in the 33rd Red Bud Classic Run to benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Oklahoma County.
- On April 20th, Dobson was a hole and team sponsor of the Edmond Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Golf Tournament at Oak Tree National.
- Dobson employees supported and attended the Make-a-Wish Foundation Fight Night in Tulsa, OK at the River Spirit Casino on April 23rd.
- On April 29th, Dobson attended and sponsored the Metro Tech 6th Annual Foundation at the Oklahoma City Golf & Country Club where several scholarships, grants, and recognition were awarded to help keep students in school. Read more about the event and the Foundation here: http://bit.ly/1h3vfqP
- Dobson attended and sponsored the Boots, Bandanas and BBQ event on May 5 for the Governor’s Friends of the Mansion initiative.
- Dobson attended the okc.BIZ Best of Business Awards Lunch on May 19th for our nomination as one of the top 5 IT companies in Oklahoma.
- On May 26th, Dobson hosted a teacher and staff appreciation luncheon for Tulakes Elementary School.
- Dobson employees donated more than 240 pounds of canned food during the Regional Food Bank Drive at the Employee Appreciation Picnic on Saturday, June 13th.
- Dobson hosted the Edmond Chamber’s Morning Mingle event on June 17th. The event drew an above average attendance with more than 80 people gathered to discuss upcoming events and network over breakfast and coffee.
- On June 23rd, Dobson employees attended the State Chamber of Oklahoma’s Annual Meeting at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum.
- Dobson was a sponsor of OKCFest, a two-day music festival in downtown Oklahoma City from Friday June 26th – Saturday June 27th. The festival featured several rock and country acts, including Sammy Hagar, Grace Potter, Hank Williams Jr., and Rascal Flatts.
We are hard at work in the community and love giving back! Check back in September to see what we’ve been up to in the third quarter and beyond!
Read more about Dobson news and community involvement here.
Give us a call: 405-242-0171