This position will ensure that high levels of activity are maintained in pursuit of new logos by positioning Dobson Technologies as the network provider of choice as well as ensuring maximum sales growth through outreach, events, and brand development as well as meeting the needs of communities that have been identified as opportunities for fiber to the business strategy. This position will supervise Business Sales Consultant I positions as well as Community Managers.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Direct staff to adhere to processes and procedures to achieve account objectives regarding new sales, revenue enhancement, expenses and customer retention.
- Guide staff to coordinate and direct technical resources to support customer information requests related to products and services such as Voice, Data & Managed Services.
- Develop team to communicate customer expectations to support the migration of Voice, Data and IT services onto the Dobson Technologies Platform.
- Conduct effective presentations to ensure understanding of Dobson Technologies products and services for both team and public.
- Maintain a high level of expertise about the Dobson Technologies Product set through training attendance and employee interaction.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments, as required to ensure efficient, courteous handling of new sales and implementations.
- Train and report daily activity in SalesForce.com.
- Accompany sales team on client or potential client appointments.
- Successfully ensure completion of all training programs as required for subordinates.
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and yearly budget for team.
- Monitor proper sales paperwork and proposals throughout the approval process for team.
- Ability to provide feedback on new and existing orders in the system.
- Oversee memberships and organizations within rural communities (ie Chamber of Commerce).
- Continually learn more about technology to grow and develop team.
- Responsible for team meeting all B2B sales quotas.
- Develop and implement effective sales plans for team.
- Develop, train, implement and manage indirect (dealer) channel distribution and continue to nurture relationships within a community / group of communities.
- Train staff how to develop and implement a Referral partner network in surrounding communities.
- Provide management and team with daily and monthly forecasts and budget updates.
- Ensure quick follow up on quotations by team.
- Oversee all aspects of the sales distribution strategy and budgeted gross adds within community/communities.
- Serve as a strategic partner by offering suggestions to executive leadership team on growing the business.
- Work with team to build high-performance business relationships with the community, partners and carriers to bridge the technology gap in customer support and technology business intelligence.
- Represent Dobson Technologies in community events, meetings and other business-related matters.
- Speak articulately and intelligently in public and private gatherings.
- Develop strategies and programs which establish and enhance Dobson Technologies positive influence within the Dobson Communities in which we serve.
- Be aware of competition/market trends as related to territory and industry and communicate regularly.
- Provide timely expense reporting, sales call activity and opportunity tracking.
- Must have sales experience with previous successful background in exceeding sales targets, account development and prospecting.
- Strong overall knowledge of the technology industry and possess technical aptitude.
- Thoughtful decision-making style with an emphasis on listening.
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload and remain organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills which include leading a discussion among executives.
- Excellent leadership, networking and communication skills.
- Proven to meet or exceed sales goals
- Proven analytical skills, computer proficiency, experience with customer-based point of sale information.
- A results-orientation with a strong bias for action and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Represent the Company is a respectful manner always.
- Capacity to lift 20-25 pounds.
- Required to travel approximately 50% of the time throughout the community and other areas as needed.
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Five years of direct sales experience, preferably in technology.
- Three years of management experience.
- Specific knowledge and relationships of how to sell.
- Minimum of Associate’s degree in Management, Marketing or a related field.
- Direct account management experience with telecommunications products is preferred.
- 100% of daily and monthly time will be spent in the SMB territories and Communities.
Job Description: Small Business Manager
Job Description Number: SMB071719
FLSA Classification: Exempt Location: Oklahoma City
Dobson Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-free Workplace