As a Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician your primary duties are providing technical support, network monitoring, and troubleshooting problems with an optical based network and related systems/software components in a fast paced 24x7x365 environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform network support for all varieties of problems. This will require troubleshooting and in-depth support to analyze and resolve reported network problems.
- Evaluate network alarms and problem situations, resolving as required and escalating to other levels for resolution.
- Work with other team members to resolve incidents and ensure timely resolution.
- Process all service requests for new or modified services as they are required.
- Monitor open trouble incidents and ensure timely resolution.
- Monitor network components (routers, switches and other items).
- Monitor weather and current events for the purpose of alerting management to potential risks.
- Identifies problem and risk areas and be able to advise management of actions required to mitigate their impact.
- Notify management of major network outages and resolutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PROFILE
- 2 to 4 years of experience working in a NOC/help desk/system support position.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP addressing, ISP concepts and services such as DNS, DHCP, DSL, WISP, SIP, SDWAN, VOIP and other telecommunication services offered.
- Working knowledge of network fiber systems including DWDM, GPON, Ethernet Voice Protocols and standard routing concepts.
- Ability to perform basic system administration functions and manage day to day maintenance procedures.
- A+ certification
- MEF certification
- Experience with Cyan, Cienna, Calix, Genband, Juniper, Accedian, Transitions, Cordell, Innovative, and Service Now systems.
- Flexible schedule with willingness to work coverage shifts, holidays, and on call rotations if or when necessary.
- Excellent leadership, networking and communication skills.
- Proven to meet or exceed set goals.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Experience working with customers in high-stress situations.
- A results-orientation individual with a strong bias for action and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Represent the Company is a respectful manner always.
Job Description: Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician
Job Description Number: NOCT2020
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Dobson Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-free Workplace