The NOC Tier III Engineer will be responsible for training the Network Operations Center and providing support as the escalation point internally for Tier 1 and Tier 2 NOC employees to solve difficult, in dept troubleshooting issues. He/She will act as the technical subject matter expert in projects involving the Operations Center. He/She will also maintain and update technical documents to ensure the Operations Center knowledgebase is current.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform network support, hardware configuration and validation of network related devices such as xDSL modems, network interface devices, Layer 2/Layer 3 switches, firewalls, routers, voice, VoIP, SIP, PRI, Hosted Voice, and analog voice services will be required on a daily basis.
- Evaluate network alarms and problem situations, resolving as required and escalating to other levels for resolution.
- Work with other team members to resolve incidents and ensure timely resolution.
- Process all service requests for new or modified services as they are required.
- Monitor open trouble incidents and ensure timely resolution.
- Monitor network components (routers, switches and other items).
- Monitor weather and current events for the purpose of alerting management to potential risks.
- Identifies problem and risk areas and be able to advise management of actions required to mitigate their impact.
- Notify management of major network outages and resolutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PROFILE
- Two to four years of experience working in a NOC/help desk/system support position.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP addressing, ISP concepts, advanced routing protocols and services such as DNS, DHCP, XDSL, SDWAN, SIP, VOIP, PRI, DWDM, GPON, Ethernet protocols and other telecommunication services offered.
- Ability to perform basic system administration functions and manage day to day maintenance procedures.
- A+ certification
- CCNA strongly preferred
- MEF certification
- Experience with Cyan, Cienna, Calix, Genband, Juniper, Accedian, Transitions, Cordell, Innovative, and Service Now systems.
- Flexible schedule with willingness to work coverage shifts, holidays, and on call rotations if or when necessary.
- Excellent leadership, networking and communication skills.
- Proven to meet or exceed set goals.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Experience working with customers in high-stress situations.
- A results-orientation individual with a strong bias for action and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Represent the Company is a respectful manner always.
Job Description: NOC Tier III Engineer
Job Description Number: NOCT2018
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Dobson Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-free Workplace