The primary job function of a Network Engineer is to be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Data and Transport Networks at Dobson Technologies. To be successful, knowledge with multiple vendors and various Layer1, 2 and 3 protocols is essential. A successful candidate will need to be able to function in a fast-paced environment and will be expected to multitask and prioritize to complete duties, while maintaining proper communication levels with the team and supervisor.
At times, the Network Engineer may need to assist the NOC and Network Operations in various functions, from provisioning to troubleshooting services, so the ability to quickly adapt to a change in priority or direction is expected.
The candidate must be a self-starter and lead by example in maintaining focus of execution of duties. One must have advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills to resolve issues quickly that directly impact Dobson Technologies’ customers.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide technical expertise and support to various internal departments
- Work hands-on with technologies such as routing and switching
- Identify network problems and risk areas and provide recommendations for resolutions along with the ability to work and complete the resolutions.
- Maintain all systems and associated support functions needed to provide network services.
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation
- Monitor and maintain current network infrastructure
- Meticulously maintain network documentation
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Evaluate and manage the implementation of new technologies and processes while participating in selection of service and equipment vendors
- Write detailed Methods of Procedure (MOPs) for implementation and maintenance activities
- Analyze the operational performance of the network elements and compare to expected results. Publish failure analysis and make sparing recommendations
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The qualified candidate must have:
- CCNP and/or JNCIP, CCIE and/or JNCIE, preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in network planning & engineering carrier class networks.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in design, implementation and optimization of LAN and WAN networks
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and IPv4 and IPv6 addressing, matched by equivalent hands-on experience.
- Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience with routing and switching protocols including, but not limited to, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VLANs, STP, and G.8032/ERPS
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with VPN technologies and methodologies
- Knowledge of network security standards and best practices
- Knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
- Ability to travel when required
- Ability to lead projects requiring a careful, meticulous approach including documentation and presentation of methods and results
The qualified candidate is recommended to have:
- Experience in a telecommunications or service provider environment
- Understanding of IPv6 and transition methods
- Knowledge and understanding of DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, SNMP and SIP
- Knowledge and understanding of various long haul transport technologies: Ethernet, SONET, and DWDM.
- Experience and knowledge with VMWare
- Hands-on experience with Linux
- Basic scripting to assist in automation of system administration
Preferred Technical and Vendor Background (some but not all required):
- Juniper, Cisco, Brocade and Adtran products
- Palo Alto Networks
- Aruba Networks
- Arbor Networks
- A10 Networks
- BTI Networks
- Accedian Networks
- Transition Networks
- Cyan/Ciena Networks
Preferred Software Knowledge:
- Microsoft Office Products
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Project
- Cisco IOS, Juniper JUNOS, Palo Alto PANOS
Job Description: Network Engineer
Job Description Number:
FLSA Classification: Location: Oklahoma City
Dobson Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-free Workplace