- Professionally handle incoming request from customers and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, access and fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through contact tracking.
- Provide quality service and support in a variety of areas including, but not limited to: billing, activations, and system troubleshooting.
- Identifies and assesses customer needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Maintain customer records by updating account information.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer through open and interactive communication.
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives; follow up to ensure resolution.
- Resolve customer complaints via phone, email or mail.
- Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges.
- Work with customer service supervisor to ensure proper customer service is being delivered.
- Keep records of customer interactions.
- Take payment information and other pertinent information such as addresses and phone numbers.
- Attempt to persuade customers to reconsider cancellation.
- Utilize computer technology to handle high call volumes.
- Create and sustain a positive team environment displaying high levels of motivations and excellent team work.
- Adhere to company practices and regulations.
- Maintain work area in neat and orderly fashion.
- Establish and adhere to a record of good attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and company information.
- Complete any special projects as assigned.
- Must be able to learn all aspects of the job by on-the-job training, attending seminars/ vocational schools or classes, reading instruction manual, etc., for the position.
- Must have a good comprehension of telephone etiquette and office protocol.
- Ability to define problem(s), define seriousness of problem(s), collect data, and establish facts.
- Maintain positive attitude towards co-workers and customers.
- Maintain honesty and integrity in all dealings.
- Effective time management.
- Troubleshooting abilities.
- Professional and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers and decimals.
Must have knowledge of Computer Operations, including web-based portals, typing, 10-Key, phone operation. Telecommunications knowledge preferred with one year of business office work experience, i.e., clerk, administrative assistant, accounting, or computer entry work environment.
- Maintain forty (40) hours per week performance level, plus additional hours as job requires, with one (1) hour each day unpaid lunch break.
- The noise level in this environment is often moderate.
- Requires the ability sit or stand for long periods of time.
Job Description: Customer Service Representative
Job Description Number: RSC1909
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt Location: Oklahoma City
Dobson Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-free Workplace