Based out of Newalla, OK with primary work across the state of Oklahoma. May require some work in neighboring states.
The Aerial Cable Technician is responsible for working with other technicians to accomplish outside duties that involve installation and repair of fiber optic cable and customer drops. This position will work primarily across the state of Oklahoma but may require some work in neighboring states.
- Perform construction work such as digging holes, placing poles, laying cable in the ground, unreeling, pulling and stringing wire and cable from pole to pole and to customer business locations.
- Locate customer facilities, responsible for the correct, safe and efficient locating and marking of underground utilities by thoroughly searching for underground plant in an area, properly mark the location, and complete the necessary paperwork.
- Installations, troubleshooting, and maintaining fiber optic facilities in businesses, homes, schools, and other organizations.
- Dismantle, move or remove aerial, underground or building wire, cable associated equipment, poles and/or hardware as per the customer and supervisory order.
- Implement customers’ standards of safety, installation quality, processes.
- Comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to company, state and federal laws.
- Trouble shoot technical issues swiftly and accurately
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree.
- 2-5 years of related experience and/or training.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload and remain organized.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook)
Job Description: Aerial Cable Technician
Job Description Number: TCA 192310
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt Location: Newalla, OK
Dobson Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-free Workplace