The Accounting Associate supports the Accounting Team by coordinating timely, and accurate processing of time sheet and payroll approvals, invoice approvals, and bank deposits. The Accounting Associate communicates effectively internally and externally with the accounting team, management and third parties, to ensure accuracy and promote efficiency. The Accounting Associate should have strong skills in Excel, as well as general office programs such as Word, and Outlook. Resourcefulness, initiative, time management, and an attention to detail are essential.
- Coordinates accounts payable invoice approvals, and processes invoices for timely and accurate payment.
- Coordinates time sheet approvals, reviews payroll details, and completes payroll functions, works closely with payroll processor to ensure accuracy.
- Cooperates & interacts effectively via ongoing communication and exchange of information both internally and externally.
- Works proactively to review, identify, and correct irregularities in transactions.
- Assists accounting team with reconciling and minor accounting functions.
- Communicates with internal and external auditors as necessary.
- Maintains an efficient and well organized records system relevant to area of responsibility.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of any documentation and electronic data within area of responsibility.
- Performs general office support and administrative assistance as required.
- Provides support and assists accounting team with general tasks and projects.
- Associate’s degree and least 24 semester credit hours (or the equivalent) of study in any of the following disciplines: accounting, business finance or management and/or 3 years of direct accounting experience.
- Strong skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Requires Excel and Analysis skills.
- Must be detail oriented and proactive.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to understand, reconcile, substantiate, and analyze data for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Ability to follow instruction and give attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete tasks efficiently.
- Proficiency in 10-key data entry and typing.
Associates degree and least 24 semester credit hours (or the equivalent) of study in any of the following disciplines: accounting, business finance or management and/or 3 years of direct accounting experience.
Job Description: Accounting Associate
Job Description Number: Accounts Payable
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt Location: Oklahoma City
Dobson Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-free Workplace