Technical Support Analyst
- Responsible for providing technical support including advanced desktop support, tier 1 support for: servers, networking equipment, VoIP and data transport networks
- Monitoring, tuning & troubleshooting problems with small to medium business networks, related systems and software components.
- Must be able to work independently
- Possess good project management skills & ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to perform detailed technical troubleshooting over the telephone in a simplistic manner to assist non-technical users.
- Perform desktop support for all varieties of problems. This will require troubleshooting and in depth telephone support to analyze and resolve reported problems.
- Evaluate network outages and problem situations, resolving as required and escalating to other levels for resolution.
- Work with the technical support team members to resolve reported trouble incidents and ensure timely resolution.
- Process all service requests for new or modified services as they are required.
- Monitor open trouble incidents and ensure timely resolution.
- Monitor network components (routers, switches and other items).
- Identify problems and risk areas and be able to advise management of actions required to mitigate their impact.
- Notify management of major network outages and resolutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 to 4 years of experience working in a help desk/system support position.
- Extensive, in-depth knowledge of computer hardware, Windows 7 and 8.
- Ability to perform basic system administration functions to assist system administrators with day to day maintenance.
- A+ certification
- Network+ certification
- Microsoft MCP certification
- Telecom knowledge (DSL, DSL routers, T1, CSU/DSU)
- On-call rotation
- Highly effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
Job Description: Technical Support Analyst
Job Description Number: TSA 2015
FLSA Classification: Hourly Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Dobson Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-free Workplace