The SE will be responsible for working directly with Enterprise customers to understand their current LAN and WAN environment as it relates to voice and data communications. This includes understanding what current hardware is currently in place and understanding any new configurations so that the Dobson Solution will comfortably transition from their existing carrier. The SE will interface with the Dobson network engineering team and outside plant group so that proper expectations can be set and executed. The SE will partner with the Enterprise Sales Team on face to face meetings and conference calls to discuss and provide technical feedback to all parties. It is imperative that a SE be able to converse with customers face to face and complete a full discovery of the customer’s requirements for Voice and Data connectivity. They should be able to understand the sales process and participate in the sales presentation. The SE will be involved in the normal day to day sales activity including sales meetings, off site meetings and customer events when deemed necessary. The SE will need to create Visio documents and explain our method of delivery. The SE will be the primary interface between Sales and Network Engineering. The SE must understand business cycles and network delivery and be able to co-present with Sales Consultants. They will need to attend every sales meeting, training and group event so that they can function as a team. The Sales Consultant and SE will need to achieve a high level of comfort and work together so that Dobson Technologies can be represented in a highly professional manner. We compete with many carriers on a regular basis and will need a cohesive team to win important deals. It is the mission of the Enterprise Sales Group to provide a “clean” handoff to OSP and Network Engineering. The SE will be the primary liaison between Dobson and the Customer for technical support until installation is complete. The customer will then revert to normal support personnel and sales interaction.
- Meeting customers directly and via conference call
- Providing Technical support for Sales team
- Being Involved in multi-site solutions
- Being Involved in complex solutions voice or data
- Providing Technical training for sales personnel
- Interfacing with Network Engineering
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional presentation and client facing skills
- Experience with staff development and performance management.
- Strong issue resolution and problem solving skills.
- Ability to delegate and focus on essential tasks.
- Successful sales engineers combine technical knowledge of the products or services they are selling with strong interpersonal skills.
- 5 years of experience including technology discipline leadership and management experience.
- Experience and strong track record in change management
- Experience in the telecommunication industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or a combination of education and directly related industry employment experience.
Job Description: Sales Engineer
Job Description Number: SE-2019
FLSA Classification: Exempt Location: Oklahoma City
Dobson Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-free Workplace