Network Operations Center Technician
Essential Job Functions
The scope of the NOC Technician position is:
- Responsible for providing technical support including monitoring, tuning & troubleshooting problems with the WAN network, related systems, and software components.
- Must be able to work independently, good project management skills & ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to do detailed technical troubleshooting over the telephone in a simplistic manner to assist non-technical users.
- NOC Engineers proactively monitor the performance and capacity of WAN network systems using a variety of tools. They look for hardware, software, and environmental alerts or malfunctions. When an issue is identified, NOC Engineers work to determine the cause of the problem.
- When a problem impacts the networks services, the NOC Engineer works to triage or troubleshoot the problem, if possible. The NOC has standard operating procedures that the NOC Engineer will closely follow. This may include coordinating with third-party vendors, customer contacts, or other engineering department members.
- While responding to incidents, the NOC Engineer must carefully track and document all issues and resolutions in detail. This increases the knowledge base of the NOC and is a record of the health of the network. The NOC has a ticketing system that the NOC Engineer is responsible for updating.
- Monitor weather and current events for the purpose of alerting management to potential risks.
- Identifies problems and risk areas and be able to advise management of actions required to mitigate their impact.
- Notify management of major network outages and resolutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 to 4 years of experience working in a help desk or system support position.
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to address conflict with others constructively.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and addressing, ISP concepts and services such as DSL, DNS, DHCP and other services offered.
- Ability to perform basic system administration functions to assist system administrators with day to day maintenance.
- Α+ certification
- MEF certification
- Telecom knowledge (DSL, DSL routers, T1, CSU/DSU)
- Working knowledge of the following network systems and components:
- Service Now
- Blue Planet
- Planet Operate
- Solar Winds
Job Description: Network Operations Center (“NOC”) Technician
Job Description Number: Human Resources 2018
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Dobson Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-free Workplace