Install & Repair Technician
The Install and Repair Technician is responsible for Installation, maintenance, and repair of all Outside Plant Facilities. Installation, maintenance, and repair of all systems/products at customer primes. Serves customers by installing and servicing systems and products. DSL troubleshooting as needed.
- Serves existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedules; investigating complaints; conducting tests; resolving problems.
Installs, troubleshoots, tests, splices, repairs, and maintains telephone equipment and general network equipment, customer premise equipment, copper facilities and/or other DTC products & services for new and existing customers.
- Establishes service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests.
- Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Keeps personal equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Electronics Troubleshooting
- Analyzing Information
- Good Judgment
- Client Relationships
- Equipment Maintenance
- Reporting Skills
- Quality Focus
- Results Driven
- Supply Management
- Informing Others
- A high diploma or GED equivalent to do the job of Installation and Repair Technician.