Director of Sales, IT Solutions
Oversees the sales team and ensures that the teams are planning, organizing, developing and executing tactical sales and customer service programs to address the requirements of the established sales goals. This position will steer the sales efforts of our Managed IT Service offerings and work with the President of Telecom, Transport, and IT Solutions to help define the go-to-market strategy for our target market, help understand the product positioning and key benefits through B2B relationship building and selling. They must have a high level and in-depth understanding of the technology/telecommunication industry to address complex and strategic IT needs within businesses.
- Oversee the development, implement and manage programs and processes to achieve account objectives regarding sales, revenue, expenses and customer service/retention.
- Oversee the effective working and support relationships with business partner’s staff, while meeting or exceeding and retention targets for those partners.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develop and manage sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Develop and recommends with the Marketing Manager product positioning and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales consultants with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Directs product research and development.
- Ability to take a holistic and strategic view of the business process, leveraging a deep understanding of end-to-end business models and sales.
- Effective communication skills, oral and written.
Associates Degree or 10 years of equivalent experience required, preferably in business or computer science.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience leading a telecommunications and/or technologies based sales team.
- A college degree in a related field with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in technology sales or solutions sales, highly preferred.
- Must have senior management level sales experience with previous successful background in exceeding sales targets, account development and prospecting;
- Strong overall knowledge of the technology industry and possess technical aptitude;
- Excellent decision-making, analytical and problem solving skills; excellent oral/written communications skills; computer literate,
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload and remain organized;
- Ability to conduct research and analyze information gathered.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and decision-making abilities also required.
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
Dobson Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-free Workplace
If you have any questions, please email Sara Elledge at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are inquiring about in the subject line.